Why do we run groups?
- To give opportunities to disengaged and crime vulnerable young people.
- To enable the young people to have ‘normal’ experiences of social events and to assist them to build social skills
- To engage young people in ‘constructive’ activities
- To build confidence, self esteem, self respect and self worth
- To develop team work, leadership and communication skills etc to assist them with their ‘reintegration’ into the community.
- To help the young people to sustain constructive activity / behaviour when intervention ends.
- To give opportunities to undertake adventurous activities safely and to overcome physical challenges again building self-confidence.
Regarding health issues that affect young people today such as smoking; substance misuse and sexual health we provide.
- Information on unhealthy relationships and taking risks / keeping themselves safe
- Information and advice on sexual health and safe and healthy relationships
- A better knowledge of S.T.I’s and where to go for help and guidance
- A more positive regard to body image, including healthy eating and exercise